Telluride has really been showing off as of late! Recent snowfall in the high country has created a dramatic backdrop for the radiant golden waves of Aspen trees. As the days grow colder, I’m reminded that ski season kicks off in less than 2 months. With that in mind, here’s an update on what’s been happening and some information to help you plan your winter trip to Telluride.
I love giving recommendations on where to stay, eat, and play, so please reach out with any questions you may have. I hope to see you soon!
GET EXCITED FOR SKI SEASON
We had quite the monsoon season this summer, fingers crossed that the moisture continues for an abundance of snow this winter!
Opening day at the Telluride Ski Resort is scheduled for November 24th. Season passes, lift tickets, and ski school/private lessons are now available for advanced reservation and purchase online. Are you looking to spice things up this winter? Check out Telluride Helitrax for a backcountry heli-skiing adventure!
We all took our last ride on Lift 9 in April of this year. Telski has been laboring all summer to replace it with a newer, easier, and faster model. Thanks to their efforts, the new lift is expected to be open around December 16th.
See Telski’s Latest Video Update
OTHER ACTIVITIES TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- Take a unique excursion dog sledding into the San Juans fueled by Alaskan Huskies.
- Experience the music of Jewel & Yonder Mountain String Band in the intimate setting at the Historic Sheridan Opera House.
- Design a custom hat and watch it being made at Crossbow Leather & Hats or for a more personalized experience, try out Camp Bird Hats.
- Book a scenic snowmobile tour to the private, historic town of Dunton. Enjoy a gourmet lunch and soak in the natural hot springs.
- Gather your family and your skates for some fun at the ice rink! Head to the Hanley Indoor Rink in Town, rent skates at the Nordic Center to utilize the free outdoor pond in Town Park, or Reflection Plaza by the Hotel Madeline in Mountain Village.
WINTER FLIGHT SCHEDULE
It’s never been easier for you to get here!
The winter flight schedule includes direct flights into Montrose from: Atlanta, Austin (NEW), Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, & San Francisco. There will also be daily flights from Denver and Phoenix into Telluride.
Detailed Winter Flight Schedule
WHAT’S NEW IN TELLURIDE
In case you missed it. Here’s some recent news from Telluride:
The much-awaited Four Seasons Hotel, located adjacent to the Gondola in MV, recently received final approval of the Site-Specific Planned Unit Development. Read article
Renovations are starting on the Depot Building that will house the Telluride Science and Innovation Center. Estimated completion is summer 2024. Read article
Telluride’s newest dining experience, Kazahana, features a sushi and Omakase bar that is already getting rave reviews. Be sure to get your reservation in early.
Q3 REAL ESTATE ACTIVITY REPORT
As the summer selling season comes to a close, we are seeing the dollar volume of sales down only 9% from last year, however, the number of transactions are down 31% in San Miguel County. Not to much surprise, average sales prices in the county have increased 31% YTD over record-setting 2021.
We are standing by to answer all your questions about Telluride 970.728.0808. Start searching for homes, condos and land here.